Jason Hwang, B.S., B.A., M.A.Ed
Jason is originally from California and has been teaching in the Czech Republic since 2005. He focuses mainly on adult teaching, exams preparation, and academic writing for PhD students of the sciences at Charles University in Prague.
Before getting involved in English teaching, he was working for one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies as a researcher, as well as acting with some of San Diego’s many theatre companies. Jason holds a Masters in Education (Applied Linguists) from the Open University (UK), the Cambridge Delta, and a TEFL certificate. He also obtained degrees in Biochemistry/Cell Biology and Theatre from the University of California, San Diego.
Education & qualifications
Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) with a specialism in Applied Linguistics
– Awarded Dec 2014 – The Open University, UK
Cambridge Delta Diploma
– Awarded Feb 2011 – International House (IH) Prague AKCENT, Czech Republic
IH Certificate in Teaching Young Learners (IHCTYL)
– Awarded Apr 2011 – International House (IH) Prague AKCENT, Czech Republic
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certification (120 hours)
– Completed in Nov 2005 – TEFL Worldwide Prague, Czech Republic
Bachelor of Science (BS) Biochemistry & Cell Biology
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Theatre
– Awarded Jun 2002 – University of California, San Diego, USA
Scientific presentation skills talk given to the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. Prague, Czech Republic. October 2014.